Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Trip to....The Cincinnati Zoo

Well it was HOT, REAL HOT. And HUMID, REAL HUMID. And of course it took three cars to hold all the babies (the days when all you needed were spaces for the behinds of the adults- and then you tucked the kiddos in the corners- on laps, on the floor. Just about anywhere. Those days seem almost like admitting to some deep dark secret sin. No car seats, no seat belts. But those days are history- and it was three cars of us to the zoo. On the day did I mention was HOT and HUMID. But we got there. And I guess the second thing that ought to be mentioned is that we had only had one map- and that was controlled by our Marine Captain. I do feel safe- he successfully evaded the enemy (those pesky animals- go figure) so I do believe I saw less wild life than at home with the chipmunks, squirrels and birds- now there is wild life. And I was carrying the baby- Baby Hayes- so I didn't often have the opportunity to take pictures- so I have the most pitiful pictures- which of course I feel obliged to share.

So this picture proves that we did see at least one animal- not over the top on the wild side- but an animal. And Sarah is smiling- look carefully- don't see much of that in the pics to come.

Anthony was all dressed in his Reds outfit- and was a good sport the entire morning.

No exactly the time of his life....

But it got a bit better, Maybe?

And we did see some animals- can tell by the forward stares...


And we did stop to eat...


And there was a Merry-Go-Round....

With Deseree, Clint and Reeder...
Now I know what you're thinking- wonder why she picked these pictures- well these were the best- of not many- the happiest- Oh Well....

Did I mention that Don was working?

1 comment:

Amber said...

i love the zoo blog. you certainly captured the cluster which was our trip to see the animals! love you!